When you’re in need of a sweet breakfast or a filling afternoon snack, turn to these muffins to satisfy those cravings.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3-4 ripened bananas, mashed or cut up
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease muffin tin or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, bananas, melted butter and vanilla until well mixed. Add flour mixture gradually and stir until fully incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes; a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes then move to a wire rack. Serve and enjoy!