We hope you are enjoying June so far, and enjoying the nice weather, outside activities, and other events that are happening around you. June is National Iced Tea Month, so we couldn’t go too long without an iced tea recipe. This is a basic recipe for when you need something quick and easy, or refreshing and classic. Take it along with you to a barbecue, a birthday party, or keep it in your fridge for a hot afternoon.
What you’ll need:
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 tea bags (Orange Pekoe Tea is recommended)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 gallon jar or beverage dispenser
- Measure sugar and place in a large mixing bowl with 1 cup of lemon juice to dissolve.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan, remove from heat and place tea bags in the pan to steep for a maximum of 5 minutes (do not squeeze the tea bags!).
- Remove tea bags and discard. Pour hot tea into sugar/lemon mixture and stir to mix well.
- Transfer into gallon container and fill to the top with cold water, refrigerate.
- Add lemon or mint for a garnish, serve over ice.