With Thanksgiving just around the corner, this week’s featured recipe offers a refreshing update to a traditional side dish. A Buttery Acorn Squash recipe is courtesy of our Super Fast Slow Cooker Recipes Cookbook, shown below. This cookbook is ideal for quick and easy meals that can be cooked together in your slow cooker or crock pot; perfect for busy families. Let’s take a look below.
What You’ll Need:
2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
2 t. pumpkin pie spice
3/4 c. raisins
1/4 c. butter
1/2 c. water
1. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
2. Next, spoon the mixture into squash halves.
3. Sprinkle with raisins and dot with butter.
4. Wrap each squash half individually in heavy-duty aluminum foil; seal tightly.
5. Pour water into a slow cooker.
6. Place squash, cut-side up, in slow cooker (packets of foil may be stacked).
7. Cover and cook on high setting for 4 hours; until squash is tender.
8. Open foil packets carefully, to allow steam to escape.
9. Cut up into portions, for approximately 4 servings.