We’re starting today off with fluffy pumpkin pancakes topped with Sturbridge Yankee Workshop exclusive Pumpkin Butter. This recipe builds upon our Homemade Pancake recipe with a few spices and of course, pumpkin puree, incorporated into the batter. In addition to the butter, these pancakes also taste great with whipped cream, Maine Maple Syrup, and if you are a chocolate lover, we definitely recommend adding chocolate chips to the batter before cooking.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 medium egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter,
melted and slightly cooled
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin Butter
- Whipped cream, Maine Maple Syrup, caramel, or other desired toppings (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon (for very fluffy pancakes, we recommend sifting twice or thrice).
- Add about half of the milk to the flour mixture, as well as the egg, and mix. Slowly pour and incorporate the remaining milk. Add vanilla extract, the melted butter and pumpkin puree; mix until completely combined.
- Heat a lightly buttered frying pan over medium high heat and pour or scoop the batter onto the frying pan, using about 1/2 cup for each pancake.
- Once both sides are browned (look for small bubbles before flipping!) serve hot with Pumpkin Butter and other desired toppings. Enjoy!