We have reached the last day of our Spring 2019 catalog and annual sale. It’s a little hard to believe we are almost halfway through the year, but we’re very much looking forward to the summer season. Our Summer 2019 catalog will be making its way to you this weekend and next week (request one here), but before we totally say goodbye to spring here at Sturbridge Yankee Workshop, take a look back with us at ten of our favorite blog posts of the season.
Archive for the ‘Cookies’ Category
Tags: DIY decor, Home Organization, Recipes, seasonal decor, throwback Thursday
Posted in Appetizers & Dips, Cookies, Crafting, DIY, Decorating, Home Organization, How To, Sewing Techniques, Side Dishes | No Comments »
This chocolate chip cookie has two added flavors for an indulgent after dinner or just because treat.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed
light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and extract; mix until well combined.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in almonds, chocolate chips and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets, about two inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely and enjoy.
It’s officially the last day of winter, so for this week’s recipe blog post we’ve compiled five various recipes that are perfect for the springtime. Let us know if you try any of them out, and share your favorite spring recipe(s) in a comment below!
We recommend using pastel food coloring to add even more spring freshness to this simple dessert.
A must for Easter, this timeless dessert recipe is one you’ll want to hang on to throughout the year.
A homemade dressing for salads or as a marinade.
Cookies and cucumber sandwiches, anyone?
The fresher the ingredients the better.
Tags: spring recipes, The Garden Hare 3-Tier Server
Posted in Appetizers & Dips, Cakes and Cupcakes, Cookies, Desserts, Dinner, Lunch, Main Courses, Pizza, Recipes, Salads, Sauces, Snacks, Tasteful Tuesday | No Comments »