Tasteful Tuesday: Classic Cheesecake
We’ve made Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake, Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake and even Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles here on the blog, but today we’re going back to basics with a Classic Cheesecake recipe.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Wrap exterior of a 9-inch springform pan in a double layer of foil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham crackers, 3 tablespoons sugar and butter. Transfer crumb mixture to the springform pan, pressing until firm. Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until browned, then cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla on medium speed. Add eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed until just blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake for about one hour, or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Eat plain, or top with fruit, caramel or chocolate sauce.
Tags: basic recipe, cheesecake