This iced tea recipe makes an extra refreshing, flavorful and delicious beverage that will be a hit at your next summer gathering or barbecue. Keep it as is or add vodka or rum for an adult party.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 cups boiling water
- 10 sprigs fresh mint
- 4 black tea bags
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
(about 5 freshly squeezed lemons)
- 5 cups cold water
- 3 orange slices for garnish (optional)
- 3 lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- Place the tea bags and mint sprigs into a large pitcher. Pour boiling water over them, and allow to steep for 8-12 minutes.
- Squeeze out excess liquid from the teabags, then remove and discard with the mint leaves.
- Add granulated sugar and stir until dissolved. Add the orange juice and lemon juice and stir while pouring in the cold water (add liquor if desired).
- Serve over ice cubes, garnished with orange or lemon slices.