We’re kicking a year of recipes off with instructions for baked chicken featuring Parmesan cheese. The two “secrets” that set this cheesy baked chicken apart from others are paprika and red pepper.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 chicken breasts;
skinless, boneless, halved
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat a shallow baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Set to the side. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, Parmesan, all paprika, salt, and pepper.
- One at a time, dip the halved chicken breasts in the egg mixture, then dredge in the flour mixture. Place in the baking dish and pour the melted butter evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle the crushed red pepper over the top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cheese has browned and the chicken has cooked. Serve with rice, pasta or your favorite vegetables.