A hearty tortellini recipe to throw together any day of the week.
What you’ll need:
- 16 ounces tortellini
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups Italian sausage, cooked
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add tortellini and cook until tender (about 10 minutes). Drain.
- While the water is boiling and while the tortellini is cooking, combine tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until the sauce begins to bubble.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, milk and heavy cream. Add to saucepan and stir. Sprinkle in Parmesan cheese and cooked sausage and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 2 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Add tortellini and spinach to the sauce; stir to coat. Serve and enjoy!