Whether you’re celebrating Cherry Pie Day (today!) or preparing your kitchen for spring baking, this cherry pie recipe is a must have for your cookbook.
What you’ll need:
- 2 9-inch pie crusts
- 4 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups pitted cherries
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place bottom crust in pie pan. Set top crust aside and cover.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine tapioca, salt, sugar, cherries and extracts. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Turn out into bottom crust and dot with butter. Cover with top crust, flute edges and cut vents in top. Place pie on a foil-lined cookie sheet (in case of drips).
- Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven until golden brown. Let cool before slicing and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.