Today we’re sharing this basic sugar cookie recipe for you to decorate this Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and for other holidays throughout the year.
What you’ll need:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for
rolling out dough
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together softened butter and sugar until mixed. Add egg, milk and vanilla extract and beat to combine.
- Gradually add in flour mixture while mixing on low. Continue until mixture pulls away from the bowl. Divide the dough in half and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Sprinkle surface where you will roll out dough with powdered sugar.
- Remove one half of dough from the refrigerator, and with a powdered sugar-coated rolling pin, roll out dough to about 1/4-inch thick. Cut into desired shape and place at least 1-inch apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes, or until cookies turn brown at the edges.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 2 minutes. Move them to a cooling rack and cool completely before frosting or icing. Repeat with other half of dough if desired, or keep for up to one week.