Happy August! We wanted to kick off this month’s recipe posts with something cool and slightly simple, yet indulgent enough to serve during the rest of our summertime parties and barbecues. It just so happens to be Raspberry Cream Pie Day, which, lucky for us (and you), fits our August recipe criteria.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 (8 oz) package cream
- 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2½ cups fresh or frozen raspberries, divided
- Grease a 9-inch pie plate. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla on medium until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped cream and spread into crust. Chill.
- In a saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water and about 1½ cups of raspberries, bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a large bowl and chill.
- When ready to serve, take both parts out of the refrigerator and spread the raspberry topping over the filling. Garnish with remaining berries.