Make a patriotic statement on your front porch or stoop and celebrate Memorial Day, Independence Day or the US of A all year long using just a few simple home accents. Take a look below.
- Depending on how much work you feel like putting into the patriotic look, you could paint your front door red for a pop of color perfect for Americana celebrations. However, you can still achieve a charming red, white and blue scheme without such a drastic step.
- Geraniums make perfect flowers for a front step. Their lush blooms and leaves fill out the space, and their beautiful red color is just perfect. Put them in terracotta pots, ceramic planters or an American flag styled planter for more detail.
- The doormat is a functional decorative; keeping dirt and mud outdoors while adding beauty to your porch. This one welcomes guests and ties in the USA theme with American flags and geraniums.
- For the door and to make your front stoop really pop, place a floral wreath that complements the patriotic look while providing a natural home accent to the outside of your home.
- To complete the stylish patriotic look, add a flag either to the side of your home or with a flagpole in the ground. Read up on proper flag etiquette, and let it fly all summer long!