Thanksgiving is just a few days away, and if you feel like your decorations are missing that little something that would make them perfect, here are some last-minute decorating ideas you can throw together in no time.
- Place cards only require a pen, paper, scissors and maybe some twine or ribbon, but can take your dining room table from blah to beautiful. Write “thankful,” “grateful,” or the names of your guests and place them around cloth napkins or on each place setting.
- Speaking of ribbon, this craft accessory does wonders when you have limited time. Buy a bulk amount with a printed turkey or leaf pattern, or in fall colors, and tie around glassware, chairs, collectibles and even lighting.
- A strategically placed chalkboard with a message of thanks or invitation will enhance the warmth of your home; place behind a scented candle or among flower arrangements and use cursive or block lettering to make the Thanksgiving message stand out.
- Glass vases and apothecary jars always bring elegance to a table or surface in your home, and for Thanksgiving the best things to fill them with are acorns, leaves and even mini pumpkins and gourds. Use faux varieties or go into your backyard for the real thing.
- Table runners always enhance the decorative appeal of your entertainment spaces, and many can also be used as chair sashes, adding complementary elegance to your dining room or kitchen chairs.