This shrimp recipe is simple yet so flavorful you will want to add it to every meal! Since we are heading into the middle of barbecue month, the following directions are for marinated shrimp cooked on the grill. Once finished, serve over rice, pasta, salad or leave on the skewers as hors d’oeuvres!
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled, deveined with tails attached
- In a mixing bowl, mix together olive oil, parsley, hot sauce, garlic, tomato paste, oregano, salt and black pepper. Reserve a half a cup for basting later.
- Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag with shrimp. Seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-low heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Gently pour lemon juice over the skewered shrimp, ensuring to coat both sides. Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for about 4 minutes per side, until opaque, basting with reserved marinade. Serve and enjoy!