Impress your guests with this relatively easy dinner recipe that is full of savory flavor and Italian influences. No need to add anything extra, but if you are looking to add more to your offering pair this Chicken Caprese with freshly cooked rice or a thin pasta. Yield: 4 servings
What you’ll need:
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 large basil leaves, finely chopped
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella,
sliced in 1/2 inch thick slices
- balsamic vinegar, to taste
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken and set aside.
- In a large saute pan, warm 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, cover, and cook for about 10 minutes. Flip chicken breasts and continue cooking until thoroughly done.
- While chicken is cooking, warm remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and continue sautéing for about 5 mintues, or until tomato skins start to soften or wrinkle. Remove from heat and stir in basil, set aside.
- Once done cooking, top each chicken breast with 2 slices of mozzarella. Pour tomato mixture on top. Cover pan with lid once more and let the mozzarella melt, about 1-2 minutes.
- Drizzle with a splash of balsamic vinegar and serve!