This stir fry is best served over rice, but will pair well with lo mein noodles and other vegetables for a classic dish you’ll want to make over and over again.
What you’ll need:
- 3 tbsp cornstarch, divided
- 1/2 cup water, 2 tbsp water; divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb boneless round steak,
or 1 lb chuck steak,
cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- In a bowl, combine 2 tbsp cornstarch, 2 tbsp water and garlic powder until smooth. Add beef and toss.
- In a lark skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat until beef reaches desired doneness. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes. Return beef to pan.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to beef, broccoli and onion.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over rice or noodles, enjoy!