July is National Blueberries Month, and while eating them straight out of the blueberry field is one of our favorite ways to consume them, we also like recipes that include these juicy berries in the ingredients list. Since July is a common time for people to be on the go, this week’s recipe is a scrumptious blueberry muffin creation, perfect for breakfast in the morning or a snack on the road.
What you’ll need:
- Muffin pan, muffin cups if desired
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease muffin pan or line with muffin cups.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add egg and milk to fill the cup and combine with flour mixture.
- Fold in blueberries, then pour mixture into muffin pan.
- Mix together ingredients for topping with a fork and sprinkle over muffins (before baking).
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, let cool for 2-4 minutes before serving.
Tags: blueberry decor, blueberry muffins with crumb topping, blueberry recipe, braided jute placemat, breakfast recipe, muffin recipe, national blueberry month, placemat, Tasteful Tuesday, tuesday recipe