Happy National Fudge Day! There are so many great fudge varieties and recipes out there, but we have gone with something classic for this week’s recipe: chocolate peanut butter fudge. Make this sweet treat to keep in your kitchen for an afternoon pick-me-up, or bring along to a summer party and enjoy!
- 9×9 inch pan
- Parchment paper
- Sauce pan
- 2 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line the 9×9 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the sugar, evaporated milk, and cocoa in the saucepan. Stir occasionally over low-medium heat until mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Lower heat and continue cooking to a soft ball stage, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add peanut butter, margarine, and vanilla.
- Beat by hand until creamy, then pour into prepared pan.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow to fully cool. Cut into squares and serve!