Happy Cinco de Mayo! To celebrate, we’re putting a little Italian twist on a spicy crock pot recipe that you and your family can enjoy tonight for dinner, and as leftovers for the next couple of days. It’s as easy to put together as it is delicious, so don’t be surprised if it becomes an instant classic in your home.
What you’ll need:
- Crock pot
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 20 oz. of your favorite tortellini
- 1 pound spicy ground Italian sausage
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (seasoned to taste), undrained
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- Grated Parmesan cheese if desired (for topping)
- Brown the sausage in a stove-top pan on medium heat, seasoning to taste.
- Add sausage and tortellini to the slow cooker, pouring the tomatoes and broth over the top. Add cream cheese in chunks.
- Stir to evenly distribute all the ingredients, making sure the tortellini is covered by the liquids.
- Cook on low in a crock pot for about 4 hours and 30 minutes. Stir at 2 hours and again at 4 hours, removing the lid for the last 30 minutes of cooking. Serve hot, adding Parmesan cheese if desired, and enjoy!