February is here – and what better way to start our February recipe articles than one that involves chocolate?! These Cheesecake Bars are decadent, creamy, and oh-so-easy to make for a bake sale, a casual part, or to enjoy as a treat at home.
What you’ll need:
- 8×8-inch baking pan, Baking parchment or aluminum foil, Cooking spray, Food processor, Electric Mixer
- 20 Oreos (or other creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookie).
- 2 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 8×8-inch baking pan with baking parchment or aluminum foil, allowing overhang. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Pulse sandwich cookies in food processor or until fully ground. Continue pulsing while gradually pouring in melted butter until fully mixed.
- Press mixture evenly into prepared baking pan. Place inside preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes, then set aside and allow cooling for about 10 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in peanut butter, then eggs one at a time; beat together until smooth.
- Add vanilla, salt, and flour; beat until combined.
- Pour evenly over prepared crust. Place pan on large rimmed baking sheet and place in preheated oven on the center rack. Pour hot water into baking sheet until almost full; bake for about 40-45 minutes until set around edges and slightly jiggly in the middle.
- Remove 8×8-inch pan and cool completely. Once cool, cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Use the parchment or foil overhang to lift the cheesecake out of the pan, cut it to desired size, and enjoy with coffee or tea! (will serve about 12)