Combining flaky and delicious Crescent dinner rolls with barbecue chicken and cheese gives you a simple dinner recipe, or a snack to make for the big game. What’s even better is you can modify this recipe to include filling ingredients of all kinds; try not to get carried away with making too many crescent rings, although it will be difficult to resist.
What you’ll need:
- 4 or 5 chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 red onion, chopped and seared
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce (use your favorite!)
- 2 tubes of Pillsbury Crescent rolls (we suggest the Butter Flake variety)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook chicken on medium heat with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, then shred.
- Roll out Crescent dough, and create a ring on a cookie sheet or pizza stone by overlapping the wide ends of each triangle.
- Evenly spread the left over barbecue sauce and garlic around the ring.
- Sprinkle the shredded chicken, chopped onions, and mozzarella cheese in the middle of each triangle.
- Take the pointed ends of each triangle and fold towards the middle of the ring, pressing the dough together in order to close the filling inside.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown
- Slice and serve (makes about 8 servings).