In honor of National Peanut Buttery & Jelly Day today, we share a tasty recipe featuring the star ingredients. For a delicious dessert tonight, try making a batch of Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting; a treat that will bill be loved by both children and adults alike.
Ingredients for Cupcakes:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
Ingredients for Frosting:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat an oven to 350°F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper baking cups.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the melted butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a separate large bowl until fluffy; about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the egg and strawberry extract, continue beating. Beat in the milk and buttermilk, followed by lastly adding in the jam. The batter should be pink in color.
- Stir in 1/3 of the flour mixture into the wet mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Stir in 1/2 of the remaining flour and then add the remaining flour; mixing just enough to evenly combine. Pour the batter into prepared baking cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes clean; about 15 to 20 minutes. Cool before frosting.
To Make Frosting:
- Beat the peanut butter and softened butter until smooth, in a large bowl.
- Mix in 2 cups of the confectioners’ sugar, 1/4 cup at a time; then stir in the 1/4 cup milk.
- Gradually add the remaining 2 cups of confectioners’ sugar. If the frosting is too dry, add a tablespoon of milk. Frost the tops of the cooled cupcakes.