In honor of the Valentine’s Day holiday Thursday, here we share two recipes you can make at home with your someone special. For dinner, try a Chicken in Lemon-Caper Sauce, and for dessert, keep it simple with this 5 ingredient Maple-Milk Chocolate Mousse. Let’s take a look below.
Dinner: Chicken in Lemon-Caper Sauce
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 (1/4 pound) thin-sliced chicken breasts
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
1 teaspoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons chopped fresh, flat-leaf parsley
1. Mix together flour and salt in pie plate. Dip chicken in seasoned flour, shaking off excess.
2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, in batches, and cook until browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side; transfer to plate.
3. Add broth, lemon juice, and capers to skillet; bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes.
4. Return chicken to skillet and cook, turning to coat, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
5. Transfer chicken to platter. Remove skillet from heat; add butter and parsley. Pour over chicken. Enjoy up to 4 servings.
2 large eggs
1/2 cup whole milk
2 ounces milk chocolate chips
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Separate the eggs, placing the egg whites into a stainless steel or other non-reactive bowl, and the yolks into a separate small bowl.
3. Add the chocolate chips, maple syrup, and sea salt to the hot milk. Remove from the heat and whisk vigorously until the chocolate is fully melted.
4. Whisk the egg yolk into the warm chocolate milk, then return to the heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid thickens just slightly and the spoon starts to “skid” across the bottom of the bowl; be sure not to overcook or you’ll scramble the eggs. Remove from the heat and pour the custard through a fine mesh strainer, into a clean bowl.
5. Whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped egg whites into the custard until evenly combined. The mixture will be light brown and frothy.
6. Divide the custard evenly between 4 (4 ounce) ramekins or other shallow cups. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, until set. Serve with additional sea salt for garnish.
Tags: chicken and capers recipe, chocolate dessert recipes, chocolate mousse recipe, lemon chicken recipes, valentine dinner ideas, valentine's day desserts, valentines day dessert, valentines day dinner