Well it’s November and that gets us thinking about the many sweet treats of the holiday season. This month marks the celebration of a common dessert many of us might enjoy in the coming weeks. It’s Georgia Pecan Month! So here in today’s featured recipe we present a scrumptious Georgia Pecan Pie. Try it for dessert tonight or save it for the big Thanksgiving feast. Let’s take a look below.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups corn syrup, light
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 deep dish pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put pecans inside of the pie shell, put on sheet pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs well, set aside.
- Mix the butter, corn syrup, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla extract until combined. Add to beaten eggs, mix well.
- Pour blended mixture over the top of the pecans in the pie shell (top with additional pecans if desired).
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until pie crust is nicely browned. Serve pie either cold or slightly warm with a side of vanilla ice cream.