Celebrate National Vegetarian Month with today’s featured Tuesday Recipe. October is the perfect time to explore a meat-free diet, as the harvest season brings with it an abundance of delicious fruit and vegetables to try. Our 7-Veggie Stew is the perfect slow cooker recipe to warm you up this time of year. You can prepare it in the morning before your busy day, and it will be ready to serve for dinner. For more information on Vegetarian Month, click: Here.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 2 c. eggplant, peeled, and cubed
- 2 c. zucchini, diced
- 10-oz pkg. frozen okra, thawed
- 1 c. onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 c. vegetable broth
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 t. ground cumin
- 1/2 t. turmeric
- 1/4 t. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. paprika
1. Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker, with the spices being added last. Stir to mix throughout; do not over work the mixture.
2. Cover and cook on a low setting for 8 to 10 hours, or until vegetables are tender. Serves approximately 10.