Today September 18th, is National Cheeseburger Day; one of the more popular food holidays. So in honor of the American classic, today’s featured recipe is an update on the standard bacon cheeseburger. Try a Classic Cheddar & Bacon Burger for dinner tonight.
What You’ll Need:
1.5 lbs lean ground beef
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 4.5 ounce jar sliced mushrooms, drained
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (try using our new Cast Iron Pig Bacon Press, for crisper and more evenly cooked bacon strips; shown here to the left.)
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup finely copped onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1. In a large bowl combine the cheese, mushrooms, mayonnaise, and cooked crumbled bacon.
2. Cover and refrigerate.
3. In another bowl, combine onion, salt, pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and hot sauce.
4. Add ground beef to this dry mixture and mix well.
6. Grill, covered over medium-hot heat for 4-5 minutes on each side.
7. Spoon cheese mixture on top of each burger. Grill until cheese begins to melt.
8. Serve on warm hamburger buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Serves 6.