As we celebrate National Blueberry Month the entire month of July, we need to find new ways to use this antioxidant rich fruit in new recipes and with other complimenting ingredients. And today, National Peach Ice Cream Day, is the perfect excuse to combine the two. Today’s featured recipe is courtesy of the Goose Berry Patch Farmers’ Market Favorite Recipes Cookbook seen below. Try this ‘Just Peachy’ Blueberry Crisp for dessert tonight.
What You’ll Need:
3 c. peaches, pitted, peeled and sliced
1/2 c. blueberries
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. sugar
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. long-cooking oats, uncooked
1. Arrange peaches and blueberries in a buttered 8-9 inch square baking pan.
2. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar; toss gently to coat.
3. Combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter and oats.
4. Sprinkle dry mixture evenly over fruit mixture.
5. Bake at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes.
6. Serves 6-8. Top with some vanilla ice cream or peach flavor if you have it, and enjoy!