Here’s a family tradition recipe from the Sturbridge Yankee Staff. A real north-east recipe.
What you’ll need:
- 1 C shortening
- 1 1/2 C white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 C sour cream
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Cinnamon and sugar blend
- Heat oven to 360°F.
- In large bowl, cream shortening and add sugar until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla and sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and soda.
- Combine with wet mixture until fully incorporated.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet and press flat with bottom of wet glass. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, and let cool for five on a wire rack. Enjoy!