As much as we can’t believe it, October is just over a week away. Something to look forward to as the days get colder however, are warm hearty meals you’ll love cooking for your family and friends. This casserole is perfect for any dinner, game day entrée and leftover lunch at work.
What you’ll need:
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 oz) package taco seasoning
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 2-3 cups shredded taco cheese or cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 ounces sour cream
- Hot sauce if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F Brown ground meat or turkey and onion on medium heat, drain. Add taco seasoning and stir in refried beans.
- In a separate bowl, mix together soup and sour cream.
- Spread 1/2 sour cream mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Tear up 3 tortillas and spread over sour cream mixture, spread 1/2 meat-bean mixture over tortillas, add a layer of cheese. Add hot sauce if desired.
- Repeat layering. Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes, let cool for about 5 minutes and enjoy!