July 10th is Piña Colada day, so if you haven’t yet enjoyed one of these creamy cocktails this summer, today is the perfect day to indulge! Below is a classic Piña Colada recipe, but we’ve also included a Mango Piña Colada Smoothie recipe sans alcohol for continued enjoyment.
Piña Colada Recipe (serves 2)
What you’ll need:
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 ounces white rum (or dark, if you prefer)
- 2 ounces cream of coconut
- 4 cups ice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour into a chilled glass (a Poco Grande or Hurricane glass is recommended) and garnish with pineapple, cherries, or other fruit. Enjoy!
Mango Piña Colada Smoothie (serves 2)
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 mango, peeled and seeded
- 3/4 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- Cube the mango and along with the other ingredients, place in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour into a chilled glass or cup (for home or on the go) and enjoy.