That’s right – this potato salad recipe includes green beans, and if you’re a fan of this vegetable, after one bite you’re going to wonder why you’ve never included it in your potato salad!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 cups iced water, or as needed
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place potatoes into a large pot and fill with water, covering the potatoes with at least 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 18 to 20 minutes. Add green beans to the boiling water; blanch for 1-3 minutes (depending how soft or crunchy you prefer them). Drain potatoes and green beans and transfer to bowl of iced water for about 5 minutes. Remove from iced water with a slotted spoon and place on a towel-lined baking sheet to dry.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until evenly browned. Drain and cool bacon slices on paper towels; crumble.
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, mayonnaise and mustard. Add potatoes and green beans; stir to coat. Top with bacon and green onions and season with salt and black pepper if desired (stir once to incorporate). Serve and enjoy!