Celebrate the season and National Chocolate Day (Dec 28th and 29th) with a mug of hot chocolate.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 Tbs baking cocoa
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 C hot water
- 1 Tbs butter
- 4 C milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 12 large marshmallows
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in hot water and butter; bring to a boil.
- Add the milk, maple syrup, vanilla and 8 marshmallows.
- Heat through, stirring occasionally, until marshmallows melt.
- Pour into mugs and top each with a marshmallow.