Cream Cheese Frosting is a must-have on carrot cake, indulgent when paired with red velvet cake and irresistible on Italian cream cake. Take a look at the recipe below (enough for a 9-inch two-layered cake), and tell us how you plan on using this frosting in your baking this year.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 10 ounces cream cheese
- 7 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place butter and cream cheese in a large bowl and beat with a mixer on high speed until smooth.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until fully incorporated (do not overbeat). Add vanilla extract and beat well.
- Place 1 cake layer on a plate; spread with one-third of frosting. Top with other cake layer. Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Enjoy!