Apples and pumpkins get a lot of attention during the Fall, so today we’re switching our recipe focus to squash. This Roasted Acorn Squash is perfect for a snack or as a side dish, and the best part about it is the cheese!
What you’ll need:
- 2 acorn squash (about 2 pounds each),
halved lengthwise, seeded and
cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients together until squash is well coated. Lay out on a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan.
- Roast in preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and tender.