Today we’re sharing this exceptional dish from AllRecipes – because we’ve recently fell in love with its exact ingredients list and prep instructions. One suggestion that comes at the end of the video – which we think are helpful knowing from the outset – is to cook and brown the chicken breast first then set aside until the end (to prevent overcooking). We would also recommend adding some garlic and onion for a bit more flavor, and using low-sodium chicken broth or stock to cut down on salt content. Enjoy!
Posts Tagged ‘dinner recipe’
We’re kicking a year of recipes off with instructions for baked chicken featuring Parmesan cheese. The two “secrets” that set this cheesy baked chicken apart from others are paprika and red pepper.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 chicken breasts;
skinless, boneless, halved
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat a shallow baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Set to the side. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, Parmesan, all paprika, salt, and pepper.
- One at a time, dip the halved chicken breasts in the egg mixture, then dredge in the flour mixture. Place in the baking dish and pour the melted butter evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle the crushed red pepper over the top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cheese has browned and the chicken has cooked. Serve with rice, pasta or your favorite vegetables.
This versatile recipe will get dinner on the table in no time. Serve with your favorite meat or poultry, add cheese, or simply eat this vegetable dish on its own.
What you’ll need:
- 2 medium zucchini
- 4 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Quarter and cut up the zucchini, cut the potatoes into large chunks, seed and chop the pepper and slice up the garlic cloves.
- In a large baking pan, toss the zucchini, potatoes, pepper, garlic and bread crumbs with the olive oil. Season with paprika, and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake for at least one hour in the preheated oven. Stir about every 15 minutes to ensure even baking. Potatoes should be tender and lightly brown before removing from oven. Serve hot.