In honor of September’s National Apple Month, consider this hearty recipe for dinner tonight. With use of your crock pot or other slow cooker, this recipe has a lot to offer in terms of autumnal flavor. The Pork Roast with Sauerkraut & Apples recipe is courtesy of our Super Fast Slow Cooker Recipes Cookbook shown below, and is ready in just 5 easy steps.
- 2-3 lbs of boneless pork sirloin roast
- 32-oz. jar sauerkraut, drained
- 3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbl. caraway seed
- 1 Red or Golden Delicious apple; cored, peeled & quartered
1. Place pork roast in your slow cooker.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the sauerkraut, brown sugar, and caraway seed.
3. Pour sauerkraut mixture over the pork roast.
4. Next, place your quartered apples on top.
5. Cover and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours, OR cook on high setting for 4-5 hours. Makes 4-6 servings.
Try using our Apple Master to assist you in peeling and coring your apples. Be sure to scroll down on the product page to check out our new instructional video. We show you how this tool speeds up the process of peeling apples, which can often be quite time consuming.
Learn more about National Apple Month, which by many organizations is celebrated through November, by clicking here: More Info.