This fun, Asian-inspired pasta salad will be a great backyard party food contender this summer. It’s also a great dish for making up at the start of busy weeks throughout the year, when you have to rely on quick, but hearty meals (leftovers!).
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 16 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2-3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
(we recommend seasoning with black
pepper, garlic salt and a pinch of red pepper)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- Broccoli, red pepper, snap peas or other
vegetables can be added if desired.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds and stir until lightly toasted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for about 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Pour into a large bowl.
- In a container with a sealing lid, combine sesame seeds, vegetable oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, ginger and pepper. Shake well and pour over pasta. Toss until pasta is evenly coated.
- Mix in chicken, cilantro, carrots and green onion (and any more vegetables, if desired) and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!