This homemade macaroni and cheese recipe is made for your slow cooker and for cooler days when you want something extra comforting. Serve it up during the weeknight or for a holiday party this year, and add chicken, bacon, broccoli and more for a well-rounded meal.
What you’ll need:
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 5 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 24 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper as desired
- In the slow cooker, combine macaroni, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, evaporated milk, whole milk and garlic powder; mix well.
- Add melted butter, salt and pepper and mix. Put the cover on the slow cooker and cook on high until the pasta is cooked through and the sauce is thickened – about 2-3 hours
- Uncover and stir after 2 hours. If the pasta is not cooked through or the sauce is not thick enough, keep the macaroni and cheese in the slow cooker and check every 20 minutes). Serve and enjoy!