Today we’re featuring a delightful, flavorful and classic recipe from The Kitchn. This homemade Greek Vinaigrette Dressing is delicious when poured over a salad, but also serves as a great marinade. Use enough for a single serving or make a batch to store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Archive for the ‘Sauces’ Category
Like any homemade sauce, the key to this sauce recipe is to take it slow. The ingredients for this Alfredo Sauce are simple, and by the end you’ll have enough to serve about six people – or, to serve two and keep extra on hand in the fridge.
What you’ll need:
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 quart (or 4 cups) whole milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Oregano, basil and/or pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter on medium heat until smooth. Turn heat to low and add flour; whisk to combine. When fully incorporated, add garlic.
- Slowly add the milk to the saucepan, one cup or one half cup at a time, while whisking
- Continue for 15-20 minutes. Sauce should be thickening and heat should remain on low to prevent burning. Add Parmesan cheese and continue whisking for 6-8 minutes until cheese is melted. Season to taste, and pour over Fettuccine noodles or your favorite pasta. Enjoy!
This vegan pesto recipe is great for a quick weeknight dinner or to serve in larger quantities for a dinner party. Mix in with your favorite pasta – spaghetti, rotini, linguine – and enjoy!
What You’ll Need:
- 8 ounces pasta
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup green olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup black olives, pitted
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Set aside.
- In a food processor, mix garlic, green olives, parsley and basil. Keep the food processor running slowly while adding oil; process until fully combined.
- Pour into a large skillet or pan and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat. Add pasta, pasta water, black olives and salt and cook until the water is absorbed. Serve hot.