Today we’re combining our favorite Meat Lover’s Lasagna Recipe with an Inside-Out Lasagna Recipe for a dish that is both hearty and convenient.
What You’ll Need:
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz each) whole
tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 2 cans (6 oz each) tomato paste
- Ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender, approx. 8-10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat up oil, onion and garlic. Add in ground beef and Italian sausage and cook on medium-high heat.
- Once the ground beef and sausage are nicely browned, add in mushrooms, parsley, oregano, basil, chopped tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well mixed.
- Cover and simmer for approximately 15 minutes, remove from heat.
- Toss the sauce with the pasta before serving. Top with Ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese if desired and enjoy!