This creamy homemade ice cream recipe has lovely notes of lavender and honey for a subtly sweet and refreshing summer treat. Let us know if you give it a try, and share your favorite ice cream flavor in the comments below!
What You’ll Need:
- Ice cream maker
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream
- Over low heat in a medium saucepan, heat the milk and lavender until just warmed through. Remove from heat, and allow lavender to infuse for about 20 minutes. Remove lavender and add honey; stir until combined.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar together. Slowly whisk the lavender-infused milk and honey into the egg mixture until fully incorporated.
- Transfer mixture back into the saucepan, and whisk constantly over low heat for about 8 minutes (mixture should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon). Remove from heat and cool for about 5 minutes (not completely).
- Stir in heavy cream, then pour into a refrigerator-safe container and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Put the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze until it reaches “soft-serve consistency.” Transfer to a freezer-safe container, and freeze for at least 2 hours (overnight is best). Serve with whipped topping, fruit, jam or by itself. Enjoy!