A recent test of this dish resulted in a good amount of leftovers in addition to satisfied diners. We’ve cut it down to about three servings here, so adjust to your needs as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- 12 ounces of orecchiette pasta
- 2 cups broccoli, steamed and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked Italian sausage, browned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup pesto, alfredo or other sauce of your choice
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add orecchiette pasta and cook until al dente; about 10 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water, strain.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add reserved water and all ingredients to pan and combine until pasta, broccoli and sausage are fully coated with the sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired, and serve!