Whether your kitchen is overwhelmed with apples you picked at an orchard this fall, or you’re feeling like a taste of autumn throughout the rest of the year, this apple cake recipe is for you. We recommend baking it in a 9-inch Bundt pan, but a 9×13 cake pan will work too (just decrease the baking time by 10 or 15 minutes).
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour one 9-inch Bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and oil with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the ground cinnamon, salt, flour and baking soda. Slowly add this mixture to the egg mixture and mix until fully incorporated (the batter will be thick). Fold in the apples by hand using a wooden spoon, and spread batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cake cool on a wire rack, and serve as is or with a dusting of confectioners’ sugar on top.