This week we’re adding a new shortbread recipe to our collection. Although we do recommend using one of our Shortbread Pans for an even more delightful dessert, standard cookie sheets will work just fine for baking this timeless treat.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and salt on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in egg, then lemon peel and juice. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to fully incorporate ingredients.
- Add flour a little at a time and beat on low until just combined. Stir in cranberries.
- Divide dough into three parts and roll into 1-inch logs. Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper, or prepare a ceramic Shortbread Pan. Remove dough from refrigerator.
- Cut logs into ¼-inch thick slices. Place two inches apart on cookie sheets and bake 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
If using a Shortbread Pan, spray with non-stick spray and lay out dough to desired thickness.
- Cool cookies on wire racks and serve.