This is the summer of revamped recipes here on the blog. This week, we’re scrapping the box mix from our Mint Chocolate Cake recipe and using the Devil’s Food Cake recipe we posted in May as well as a Chocolate American Buttercream.
What You’ll Need:
- Devil’s Food Cake
+ 2 tablespoons peppermint extract
- Approximately 2 pounds (32 ounces)
- 10-12 peppermint patties,
frozen and crushed into small pieces
- Prepare Devil’s Food Cake as instructed, with the addition of 2 tablespoons peppermint extract (add with vanilla extract). Cool completely.
- For a layered cake, frost the top of the bottom layer with 1/4 of the frosting. Sprinkle 1/2 peppermint patties on top. Add the second layer and frost entire cake. Sprinkle remaining peppermint patties over the cake and serve.
- For a sheet cake, frost the entire surface and sprinkle with peppermint patties. Serve and enjoy!