Make your own classic margarita mix to enjoy on the patio, poolside or during a family dinner this summer. In addition to the margarita mix recipe, we’ve included our recommendations on how to measure and combine it with other ingredients (tequila and triple sec) for the perfect margarita.
Note: This recipe makes about 1½ quarts of mix
(or about 6 fluid cups).
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
(about 5-6 large lemons)
- 1 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
(about 8-9 limes)
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Combine the freshly squeezed lemon and lime juice in a large pitcher or jar and refrigerate.
- If you have simple syrup on hand, feel free to skip the last two ingredients and this step. If not, combine the water and sugar in a medium saucepan on the stove. Heat on medium and stir until sugar is dissolved. When the mixture starts to boil, remove from heat and cool completely.
- When the simple syrup is cooled, add to the lemon and lime mixture and shake well.
To make a margarita with your mix: Combine two ounces of mix, two ounces of silver tequila, and one ounce of triple sec. If you’re looking for more of the mix flavor, add one more ounce of mix and shake with ice. Pour into a glass (or the blender!) and enjoy.