This week’s recipe is great for a healthy and hearty weeknight meal, as well as for serving friends and family during a seasonal party or get-together. The vegetables listed here can be swapped out for others if you desire; try to stay close to the measurements so the ratio of veggies to the garlic and ginger coating stays consistent.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup snow peas
- 3/4 cup carrots, rondelle
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- In a large bowl, blend cornstarch, garlic, ginger, and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil until cornstarch is dissolved. Mix in broccoli, snow peas, carrots, and green beans, tossing to lightly coat.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Cook vegetables in oil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Stir in soy sauce and water, then mix in onion and salt. Cook until vegetables are tender but still crisp. Eat alone, over rice or with a meat of your choice.