Another snowstorm is headed our way, and we couldn’t think of anything better than a hearty, delicious soup packed with vegetables and pasta to make and eat for the occasion. This is a meat-free soup, but you could certainly add Italian sausage or beef to make it even more filling. The following recipe makes about four servings.
What You’ll Need:
- 14.5 ounces beef or chicken broth
- 46 ounces (6 cups) tomato sauce
- 28 ounces (3.5 cups) whole tomatoes, halved
- 9 ounces cheese tortellini, uncooked
- 1 cup zucchini, peeled and diced
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- black pepper, oregano,
and other preferred seasonings to taste
- 1.5 cups fresh spinach
- grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large soup kettle over low-medium heat, combine broth, sauce and the tomatoes (including the juice).
- Add tortellini, zucchini, corn, garlic and seasonings. Cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add spinach and cook for at least ten more minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve hot.