Tasteful Tuesday: Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs – a staple of holiday parties and family gatherings. This variation includes bacon and cheddar, a perfect combination if there ever was one.
What You’ll Need:
- 12 medium to large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
and/or paprika for garnish
- Place eggs in a large saucepan (or two) and cover with water until there’s approximately 1 1/2 inches of water above the single layer of eggs. Turn heat on high until water begins to boil,
cover and turn heat to low, and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and leave covered for approximately 15 minutes (or, use an Egg Timer to keep track of hard boiling). Test one egg by peeling under cold running water to ensure thorough cooking.
- Crack egg shells one egg at a time and peel under cold running water. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks to a medium mixing bowl, placing the whites on a serving platter.
- Mash yolks into a crumble using a fork. Add mayonnaise, bacon and cheese then stir in mustard.
- Evenly disperse teaspoons of the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Sprinkle with garnishes and serve.
Tags: deviled eggs, egg recipe, holiday appetizer, hors d'oeuvre